Sunday, January 1, 2012

About the old new phone

Now that I've got some time in with this Droid I have a lot of positive feed back.  With one looming question.  Who needs more horsepower than this phone?  I'm starting to understand my answer to this question.  Here are my favorite Apps so far:  Wells Fargo,  Realtor.com, Delta airlines, Walgreens, Yelp, Blogger and of course Facebook.  I think you can tell by my favorite list of Apps that I'm new to this game.  I guess that is kind of how technology works.  Once you get in the pool and feel how warm the water can be you then start to see what else you can do.  Like maybe the back stroke.  I've not been a very avid user of Facebook but now that I have a droid I'm starting to see the magic of it.  Take a cool picture,  show it to all of your friends with some kind of witty saying.  Express yourself.  Stay connected.  reach people you've lost track of or who have moved away.  Do this as a natural part of living life with a few clicks should I say finger presses.  In the US we like to have our own space and control over who we communicate with and how.  These hand held devices are opening up an entire new way of communicating about ourselves.  Different ways of processing our world.  I'm sitting there the other day thinking "I don't want to pick up the phone and talk to an auto attendant and try to punch in the right numbers to renew my prescription".  Then I have a thought.  "I wonder if there is a Walgreens  application?"  Sure enough there is.  So I set myself up and BAM! there are all my prescriptions just click go.  It was a wow moment for me.  Everyone has to do this.  everyone needs to interact with the pharmacy so make it easier.  Not just for the patient but for the pharmacy.  So cool.  

I'm really excited to see what else I can discover.  I can't wait to share my thoughts with you.

~pz

No comments:

Post a Comment