Friday, December 3, 2010

Simple out of complex

Hello.

Sorry I've not blogged for a while.  I really have no excuse except i just had no words for a while. So if you are taking the time to read this.....Thanks.

Lately I've been helping a couple of new customers who have sought me out because our company is known for quality in the area of hosted VOIP solutions.  What is interesting to me is that the companies that are being left behind are not necessarily the cheapest.  I think the reasons people leave service providers seems to be complex but they are actually simple.  Customers 1. want stuff that works 2. if it breaks they want you to fix it 3. if it is going to take a while to fix it tell them what the process will be and keep them in the loop during the process.

What is interesting is that when it comes to hosted VOIP the formula to make stuff work good is pretty simple.  The problem is that a lot of service providers make it more complicated by trying to make it cheap and mass produce it.  I'm specifically talking about call quality.  The ingredients are known.  1. a high quality low latency internet connection.  2. a router that delivers and monitors the voice quality  3.  a company that takes action with the right people when there is a problem.

So thats it.  So why do some of the biggest providers still get it wrong?  I can't really say.  I guess it is just the almighty dollar.  We charge a bit more up front.  We are not the cheapest. Even so customers come to us asking for a solution that works.  It seems that hosted VOIP is not yet a commodity.  I think its pretty simple.  Do it right charge a fair price and you will have happy customers.  Why does everyone make it complex?

~pz

No comments:

Post a Comment