Monday, December 27, 2010

What about 3D TV

I was skeptical at first.  I had been to see Avatar at the best theater in 3D.  I thought it was cool but I was pretty sure this would not catch on.  Our TV was from 1999.  We were holding out.  I figured the TV's would just keep getting cheaper.  When the industry came out with 3D I thought for sure that I would not buy one.

What happened?  Best Buy had an absolutely amazing deal that was only on the 3D TV.  The problem we had was that we did not have high definition anything.  So when we purchased a new TV that meant we had to buy a blue ray player and get Hi Def service from the cable company or Direct TV.  Well you can get a decent BlueRay player for about $100.00  But if your going to do the "new TV" thing you will want to be able to download and stream movies to it as well.  So Best Buy had a deal with Sony where if you purchased the 3D TV from Sony they include a Sony PS3 which is a gaming console/Blue Ray player/Media center.  This is how I ended up with the 3D TV.

I like it.  I think a lot of people will buy this.  Last night I played a 3d Video game and it was significantly cooler than any game I've played.  When viewing a 3D movie its like a window into another world.  Maybe I'm a geek but I was pretty blown away.  You don't get the full effect when your checking it out at Costco or Best Buy.  There are too many distractions.  Once I sat down and looked at it and worked with it I was really impressed.  I think this a technology worth giving serious consideration

~pz

No comments:

Post a Comment