Friday, January 29, 2010

Simplicity

I've had the good fortune to be spending a lot of time lately with some exceptional business leaders.  What I've been enjoying is the grace and clarity that they are able to provide in their solutions and communication.  I often find myself laughing out loud at customer appointments when my customers tell me about the antics that the salespeople who call on them pull.  I suppose what makes it even funnier is that I tried the same things when I was new in sales.

What I've noticed is that many of the best solutions are often the simplest.  Many of the best presentations Ive made are where I do the following: 1.clearly define the problem and agree.  2. offer a simple solution and agree. 3.Decide on an action plan with a timeline and agree.   I'm not sure why this is so difficult for consultants, business leaders and sales people.  I'm just trying to focus on this Idea for now. Take everything I've learned and all my resources to bear for my customers.  Take my time and work things all the way through.  In the end come up with a simple solution

No comments:

Post a Comment