Thursday, January 21, 2010

Evolution of IT

Hello everyone. Hope you are all off to a great 2010.  You may wonder where I've been.  Well, I've been trying to catch up with technology.  I've spent the first part of January just researching and understanding whats going to drive solutions in 2010.  I have to say that I'm convinced hosted solutions like Google Apps and Zoho will be the new way that SMB (small and medium business) will reap more efficiency at less cost.  Lets face it.  If your server, network and computers are stable, it costs less money.  I've been installing and testing all sorts of different solutions on my windows 7 machine and they are stable!  What about cost?  That is where Google has really leveled the playing field.  By offering the right combination of cool technology at the right price.  (in many cases free)  So what will I be recommending to my customers?  well, as usual it will depend on what their business needs are.  The truth is that Google and Zoho are not the fix for everyones problems.  So if your making a purchase this year it will be wise to make sure you're getting good advice from a company that is staying up with the market.  It seems that the changes in what are available are moving faster than ever.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment