Thursday, November 22, 2012

A fair perspective on Windows 8

At the end of the day there is no perfect technology.  I this article talks about how Microsoft 8 might not be perfect but it is a big move for them.  I think it will be hard for some users to adapt to.  I do love the idea of on operating system for phone, pc and tablet.  It makes so much sense for businesses today who need to control security and information while giving users choices and the right technology to fit their job.
Why Jakob Nielsen's Windows 8 critique is old-school thinking

1 comment:

  1. I disagree that Windows 8 is not an incremental change in their OS, all they seem to have done is change the "Start" menu to a full screen with tiles. The desktop is still stock Windows. I think that they are doing a good thing standardizing their OS across different platforms and I like the interface that they carried over from Windows Phone 7 but I am disappointed that HTC didn't come out with an offering for Windows Phone 8.

    ReplyDelete