Friday, April 29, 2011

Oil giant to buy $1.4B stake in SunPower | Green Tech - CNET News

Like many kids, I was slow to take my dads advice. In the same way as I've grown older I've also come to the realization that he knows a lot. In fact, he has not been wrong about much. Like, he saved me from the Dot.bomb He also saw our most recent recession ahead of time. I give him credit, he reads a lot. Like stuff that would make most people cry. he is reading the biographies of all the presidents currently.

Recently while vacationing with him he said something that really hit home for me. He said, "there will be plenty of jobs in the future for those who are involved with the green technologies" I agree. Technology is obviously a big part of that. So what part will it play?

Already I'm working with customers to keep their data centers cooler and have them use less power. I'm helping companies put more and more on the same data pipe and optimize their use. What will the future hold? How is the attached article related to this conversation? I think that technology and green are designed for each other. We can monitor our power consumption with technology to : use less gas in our hybrid car, run our laundry at non-peak power times and turn down the heat at night....thats just for starters.

I'm excited to see major power companies embracing the green power sources. I'm exited to see the day when carbon footprint is also a cost that is calculated. Basically I think we face an exiting future of endless possibilities. As long as we face it with courage and innovation.

Oil giant to buy $1.4B stake in SunPower | Green Tech - CNET News

No comments:

Post a Comment