Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My best friend (computer friend that is)

I'm consistently amazed at how many emails I send out each day. Today as I spent time trying out new software and browsers from Google and as I sent out my Christmas emails I started thinking about what a good friend this laptop has been to me.  What a gift it is to have technology that really serves me and helps me to be better at what I do.  To do it more efficiently and with pure enjoyment.  I don't think there are too many manufacturers who make bad equipment today (there are a few).  Mine happens to be an HP but it could just as well be a Lonovo, Dell or an Acer.

So what makes a great friend?  1. They are there for you when you need them.  2. They like to have fun and try new games  3. They can take care of themselves 4.They are fun to interact with  (I know I'm stretching this analogy but bear with me)

Just a few characteristics of my laptop.  Sure I have to take care of it from time to time, but thats all part of the relationship.  This one was not overly expensive.  $1,100.00.

I guess I just wanted to communicate this message.  Computers and software have improved.  They have improved in stability and interoperability.  They are easier to use with wireless and email.  We've all but eliminated the problem of SPAM.  I listen to my favorite music.  I watch the news.  I am constantly trying out new software.  My computer keeps up.  Its fast and its fun.  This is what I love about the IT industry Constant  Never ending Improvement.  I get to experience this.  I love to share it with my customers, prospects and friends.

Merry Christmas to all!  I hope you get a new laptop.....or just have fun with your old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment