Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Contract Expiration.....Exasperating

If I had to name the one thing I see in the telecommunications community that makes my blood boil more than any other, it would be contract expiration's. For me it is the clearest expression of the profit and greed that still exists in the telecom/data network provider business. Recently I've been working with customers who wanted to get a copy of their contract from their current network provider. They have called, sent letters, emailed , sent demand letters. I see some of the network providers in town who sit on the contracts. Why is that? is it because they know there is an auto-renewal and they don't want the customer to cancel before it renews? Is it because they have no contract or have lost it? Why is it that some network providers act this way when others don't? This is irresponsible behavior on the part of the provider. They deserve to lose the business. The sad part is that many times I've seen them grind the customer down and the customer gives up. I can't say I blame them. The customer needs to run their business. I think this is what the network providers are counting on. The good news is that I also see customers who stand up to these manipulative companies. I see them put the pressure back on the network provider and win. My advice is to take a stand if you are getting treated this way. Find a company you trust that is a broker of multiple providers to help you know what to say and do. Some times you've got to stand tall and plant your feet to win. In the end I've seen these providers back down as they realize the damage they are doing to their own reputation. The customers who make this stand ultimately improve their service, solution and price. They also bring improvements for their business with new solutions and that is the way it should be!



Thanks for reading ~pz

No comments:

Post a Comment